Lancome Artliner in Vert Chrome - review and swatches

3:12 PM

I am terrible with eyeliner. Wobbly-handed, blink-eyed and with a tendency to rub my lids immediately post-application terrible. Paul Rudd doing this anywhere beside in my bed kind of terrible.

JUST AWFUL!

So clearly I'm not the best person to be talking to you about eyeliner, right? Right! Sadly, your poor choices in life have now led you to this very review, and now I've got no choice but to rain down some basic eyeliner observations down on y'all.

Soz for the shady as photo - my house is getting zero sun at the moment

So, eyeliner. Some come in tubs, others in mechanical or wooden pencil form. This one by Lancome is in a tube with a bendy foam brush on the top. You give it a bit of a shake and the ball bearing inside mixes it all up.


The stuff inside is a metallic green thin cream with a slight gold shimmer to it. Swatched on my arm, it's quite pigmented and dries quickly, but when lightly rubbed with a finger, it balls up and removes very easily.


God, so here's my effort at an eye look using liner. I've only used it under my lashes, as the lid is not an option for me and my wildly stabbing hands. Hopefully the lower lash line is a totally acceptable lining area and I won't have to hand in my Beauty Blogger membership card for doing it.



You'll notice that there's a noticeable area where the liner has been scraped off. This is because the first line wasn't dark/thick enough and I went over it about 6 seconds later. Bad idea, as it took with it a good amount of product off my original line, despite being a flexible blush used with a light hand. I expect better skin clinginess from such an expensive product.

However, it does slide on very smoothly and doesn't tug or pull at my skin, which I hear is a plus. I do like the metallic green, but think it would suit brown or hazel eyes better than my baby blues. Perhaps the black would be a better colour choice for a first time user like me, but so far I'm not totally sold on repurchasing in another shade.

I picked this up from Strawberrynet for about $35, but it doesn't appear to be in stock right now. Its RRP at Lancome counters is a painful A$51. Yikes!

You Might Also Like

27 brilliant comments

  1. I was disappointed with this liner too. I have it in brown but experiencing the same problem. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that it's good, but I'm glad someone's had the same problem, it wasn't just me!

      Delete
  2. Wow loving this! The colour is amazing! :) thanks for sharing
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs. I reckon the green would really pop against your hair.

      Delete
  3. I love the color too... Sucks it's not as good as it should though. But I too have blue eyes and am sad that these colors look better on brown/hazel eyes. They should look killer on them though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always so sad greens don't work on me :( at least we have bronze shades working for us!

      Delete
  4. Wow your eyes are beautiful, they are multicolored! :D How cool :D *sounds like annoying online fangirl*
    Bottom lash line is legitimate for using eyeliner but I don't find it very handy and prefer kajal or eyeshadow so you can keep your membercard! I could imagine this would look great on the eyelid with a thin black eyeliner together. (if that makes any sense to you..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the different colouring is called partial heterochromia iridum and mine has to do with a lack of melanin.
      Ooh the two-tone liner on the lid would look amazing, I wish I had the coordination to pull it off.

      Delete
  5. That colour is beautiful! Shame its so pricey, $51 is a lot!
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australian pricing strikes again! Especially for eyeliner, it's such a small product.

      Delete
  6. For the price I don't think I would use this often enough for it to be worth it, but in a different colour I may think otherwise. I get so annoyed when liquid liners scrape off when you redraw over the line ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think I would prefer a lipstick or foundation for the price - something I use regularly to justify that amount. I think Lancome bring out new colours seasonally, I'd like to try a bronze one.

      Delete
  7. I love your eyes :)
    amazing make up!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha Anchorman still makes me laugh every time.

    LOVE that eyeliner. I used to be obsessed with coloured liners when I was younger... not so sure it'd suit me now though. Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Anchorman. I'm going to be so upset if the sequel sucks.
      So funny, as I get older I want to use more colours - never used to like them!

      Delete
  9. I've nominated you for an award for your lovely blog! http://www.jessiswonderland.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colour of this eyeliner!

    Just found your blog, now following :)

    Hope you can take a minute to check out my blog, maybe follow back?

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hands down our ultimate, could never be beaten, all-time, favourite beauty blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from my super, ultra, uber-stylish and favouritest fashion commentators. Mad props, broskis.

      Delete
  12. That's a gorgeous colour! Love your eyes as well. I own 4 artliners and they're all in black - They're my HG, and I need backups! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I need to try the black before passing judgement, so many people love them!

      Delete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.