Glamourflage Lip Balms in Mellow May and Daisy Delight - review

3:57 PM

I have a confession to make. I only bought these lip balms because I needed to distract myself from eavesdropping on the woman in line ahead of me who was having the most inane conversation on the phone with that breathless gusto only the totally oblivious can muster.

Sample of conversation:

"Nah, nah, I'm at the chemist. Nah, I'm at the chemist. The CHEMIST! Yeah, nah, not for that, it's a, I dunno, a cut in my arse.... Nah, yeah, that. A FISSURE! Yeah, I need an arse cream or some shit. Nah, I'm in the chemist. THE CHEMIST!"

Charming.

So I was looking for something to distract from the bright spark in front of me and these lip balms from Glamourflage caught my eye from a display (btw Glamourflage, I am so sorry for forever associating your fine name with arse cream. These things happen). I got two, one in Mellow May and another in Daisy Delight.





Mellow May is chocolate scented and Daisy Delight is cherry. The scents are quite strong and artificial, rather than true to life, but I'm not fussed as the chocolate smells like Chicos and the cherry is that sweet medicinal Children's Panadol tang that I'm quite fond of. Coloured in the pots, they both provide a transparent shine when swatched on lips. On the moisture scale, one being my mouth the morning after a bottle of tequila and a bowl of sawdust shavings, 10 being the essence of wetness, these are about a 6.5 as they do the job but wear off after just over a few hours of wear so need to be reapplied regularly.

Not even close to the essence of beauty
I love the pin up gals on these tins - very sweet and sexy - but I dislike using balm in tins because I have very dirty, sticky fingers covered in germs and jam and it's basically inviting microbes to chuck a kickass party in the petri dish of my lip balm every time I smoosh my fingers into it. So not cute.

The main selling point for me is the boobilicious packaging and the total bonus scent that can be achieved when you use both the chocolate and cherry together to make a Cherry Ripe scent. So good.

Glamourflage Lip Balms retail for $10.95 each, at the chemist near my house. If you don't know where that is, you've got some serious stalking to do.

You Might Also Like

9 brilliant comments

  1. Love the packaging on these tins - I've never seen this brand before, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super cute, aren't they. I hadn't heard of them before either.

      Delete
  2. dude. I seriously love your blog. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been looking around your blog and I love your content! I am more of a fashion lover but I have found your content on beauty really helpful and I have been enjoying reading it! I would love it if you could come and look at my blog and maybe we could follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook! Xx

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rachel! I'm more of a make-up person myself, but I'll make an exception to check out your fashion blog :)

      Delete
  4. Love reading your posts. So hilarious!! Love the retro tins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tins are so cute, makes me wish I could get that retro look down myself.

      Delete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.