Guest Post: Burt's Bees Baby Bee Getting Started Kit - review by Marshall from The {Tiny} Times

7:16 AM

Today I've got an extra spesh post for you, written by harem pant lover and baby fashion darling, Marshall from The {Tiny} Times. He's kind enough to have tried Burt's Bees Baby Bee travel pack for me as I have no loin-fruit of my own!

Dear Michaela,

Thank you so much for giving me this Burt's Bees Baby Bee gift pack and allowing me to write a guest post on your blog.

I love your blog. I actually don't understand anything you are talking about. But I like cats and moving pictures and Paul Rudd.

So, Baby Bee.

This is what came in the pack: Shampoo and Wash, Lotion, Nappy Ointment, Baby Oil and Soap. Don't they look so nice and shiny?



I took great care in arranging them for the shot. The bottles are small. Not choke-on-them small, but definitely supervise-me-while-I-play-so-I-don't-somehow-get-the-caps-off-and-choke-on-them small. I didn't get the caps off. You need to turn them about three times to do that. TIP: If your baby can do that, don't leave her alone with these bottles.




*Surprise* they all smell a bit like honey. It isn't an overwhelming smell, though, and I quite like it. 

The Burt's Bees Baby Bee products are all listed as "safe, effective, natural, pediatrician-tested and hypo-allergenic". I tested "safe" by attempting to drink the wash. I was OK.

*Editor's note: Marshall does not recommend feeding your baby body wash unless they say rude words.

The sizes in this pack are good for samplers but you won't get much milage out of the 20g diaper ointment. It would be good for travelling, though if I was travelling to Europe I'd probably bring two for that flight. I don't like the soap. It is fussy and as it wears down I will probably try and eat it. At least I will be OK if I do...

The wash is my favourite - a little goes a long way and it smells nice. I have been irritated by washes before but this one made my skin feel happy. The real test, however, is the bubble test. What separates a good wash from a GREAT wash is its bubbleocity (that's a word). Based on my experience the Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash makes a mean bubble. And it doesn't hurt my eyes when they pop in my face. 

BUBBLE PICTURES TO COME ASAP

Final verdict: Invest in a 235mL bottle of the Shampoo and Wash, a bubble machine and a trip to Europe.

xo Marshall

Burt's Bees Getting Started Kit retails for A$24.95.

If you haven't already, you can check out Marshall's kick-ass styling ways here


Seriously, the little dude makes it werrrrrrrk!

You Might Also Like

19 brilliant comments

  1. Yes coming soon - my camera card reader is broken for real. That's right, I'm a baby with a camera and a card reader. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left that there as a reminder for a reason :)

      Delete
    2. Ha! Seriously though. I need help. I can't get the images off my camera. A baby photographer's worst nightmare.

      Delete
  2. Ummm, Loin-fruit??? That saying disgusts me but also makes me laugh out loud all at the same time......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't know what else I'm expected to call them! ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Is that because it's the only one I haven't written myself? Awwww.

      Delete
  4. Oh Geez, so ridiculously cute. I might go and try to make another baby just so he/she can try this stuff, hehe!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the joy of testing out on a friend's baby. All the wee little clothes and shampoo bottles to play with, but none of the actual poo :)

      Delete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.