MeMeMe Blush Me! in Pink - review and swatch

6:13 AM


I was so excited to get the Blush Me! Blush in Pink from MeMeMe in a very generous goody bag at last weekend's Sydney Beauty Blogger meet-up. I've flicked through the MeMeMe website a few times and had been putting off a purchase until I at least made a dent in my current rotation of product. I'm also sometimes a bit leery of brands I haven't seen in person, which is silly considering my Buy ALL The Online Things mantra.

First things first, this box looks super similar to the Benefit line of boxed blushes. It's a wee bit chunkier, but has the same basic idea of a cardboard box fitted out with a blush pan and squat little blush, plus a mirror in the lid. No issues with that, it's a great package that stacks well on my vanity while keeping contents safe. However I know some Benebabes take it a little too personal when their beloved brand is emulated. Calm down, you guys, cardboard boxes are a pretty common kind of packaging. Also I just wrote 'carbboard' there. Could someone bring me a toasted panini please?



After swiping the brush through the blush, I can already tell that this is a true cotton-candy pink. No coral or peach tones intruding here, it's a deliciously girly cool-toned pink.



I love how pigmented this is, and that you only need a few swipes to build up to a decent amount of colour. Although the camera doesn't capture it, there's a slight silver shimmer to it that adds illumination rather than full on disco ball face.

The brush is pretty good, and unlike the scratchy Benefit ones, I'll actually use it to apply the product, rather than revert to my regular MO of switching it out for a decent Ecotools or similar brush.

A lazy face swatch. No foundation or primer so would normally be blended better. And my nose is pink from wearing glasses!
MeMeMe Blush Me! retails for A$23.95 from mememecosmetics.com.au. I've been eying up their Bobbi Brown-esque Shimmer Stacks and Seventh Heaven Face Base

You Might Also Like

16 brilliant comments

  1. oooooh that is so pretty!! I think that I am going to have to hunt down the website and have a look!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def worth a look. They run promotions fairly often too w free shipping etc so keep an eye out for those.

      Delete
  2. Your skin without foundation is perfect! I don't think you need it at all.

    I've heard about MeMeMe from a few UK bloggers but didn't really know they've arrived in Australia as well. The blush really suits you, so candy pinkk! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, you're sweet. They're v new here and the pricing really hasn't changed too much compared to the UK cost which is nice for one. The coral blush looks good too, think I'll give it a go next.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that is gorgeous. You lucky thing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I've known a few to get their panties in a twist ;)

      Delete
  5. You frickin' kidding me? No foundation, no primer?? Why the HEll would you need either when you have shin-kicking, green-eyed envious skin like that? Lucky I like you so much Miss Blogger, or them would be fighting words. Oh, and the blush is delicious, very summery and pretty.
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! Hope I don't get on your bad side! I do need a little bit of face cover, always I spend all day being asked if I'm feeling ill because I'm looking pale. Le sigh.

      Delete
  6. this blush is gorgeous... i want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure you need it. And I need one in every other shade too.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it would be too bright, but it turned out nicely.

      Delete
  8. Love the pink shade on your cheeks. This gives you a fresh look, smooth and soft skin.

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.