NOTD - Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in Red-y Response

6:12 AM

Magnetic polishes are going off like a frog in a sock right now, with brands like Nails Inc, Ulta3 and Orly getting in on it quick-smart. 

I had the opportunity to give the new Sally Hansen version a whirl, when the fab Alison from Sally Hansen popped by my office to give us all manis (spoilt, right?).

I picked out the colour Red-y Response to try, which is honestly much more of a purple maroon shade both in the bottle and on nail.


If you've been apathetic about magnetic so far, here's the drill. The polish contains small metal particles, that you apply as normal in two coats. While the second coat is still wet, pull the magnet concealed in the lid over the nail to attract the filings, creating a wave pattern. Make sure not to knock your nail with the lid!


Alison Magnetoed the tricky bits for me, so I can't give you an honest opinion of how easy it is to achieve a uniform pattern yet. However, I noticed the magnet is smaller than my nail and she had to curve it around to the side to make sure all areas were attracted.


I really dug the effect once finished, the colour has a lovely tone to it and had a fab glossy finish. It did wear very quickly on my, flaking off on the tips after two days.

Alison says the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colors will be available in Australia mid-September. They are already on shelf in the US, because this guys get all the cool stuff first.


You Might Also Like

15 brilliant comments

  1. This colour is amazing! I'm copying you! :)

    http://rebeccape93.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color hun perfect for fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost Spring here, but I think it works just as well.

      Delete
  3. They're actually already on sale at Priceline! I saw them at my local priceline today for $15?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice color and nice effect! I was super sceptical if that magnetic stuff that pops up everywhere really works..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I like this trend better than the crackle one, it's a cooler effect.

      Delete
  5. wow that turned out so nice! I love the color,I think I'll check this out next time i'm at the store! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you do! I've got my eye on the silver shade next.

      Delete
  6. Heyy! I love this color! It is so perfect for fall! I am also new to following your blog. But I was wondering if
    you can take a look at mine :))
    thanks and love your blog so far

    xo kassie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. woww simply awesome
    very nice blog im following you follow back please
    SadeeStyle
    www.sadeestyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello all, here every one is sharing these knowledge, thus it's pleasant to read this blog, and
    I used to visit this weblog every day.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - integrity assets group presentation

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.