Australis 10 HR Wear Pencil - review and swatches

4:11 PM

Sure I've just spent a Kardshian's buttload in the US, and sure my various cupboards, drawers and unused oven are groaning with sealed lotions and lippies still to review and vlog. But Priceline is a cruel mistress, and never misses an opportunity to lure me in with her sweet siren song. Case in point: walked in the other day to buy Swisspers. Left 40 minutes later with Swisspers, Priceline-branded cotton pads, Q-tips and wipes, two containers of fish oil supplements, another rose hip oil and these little pencils of joy from Australis.



Newly released, Australis says their 10 HR Wear Pencil "applies like a liquid eyeliner and doesn't budge all day". Being an eyeliner newbie (going to high school in Adelaide tends to scare you off - way too many Taylor Momson clones!), I'm super interested in this lasting all day claim. The less touch-ups, the better!

I snagged all three, in Bombastic Bronze, Grape Cake and Aqua Attack (which kind of sounds like one of Squirtle's moves).

Guess who spent the last hour looking at Pokemon gifs?
Certainly not a blogger with nothing better to do! #foreveralone



CHECK OUT THAT INTENSITY! One swipe is all you need with these babies. They apply very smoothly, with no pulling and tugging around that sensitive eye area. As for the 10 hour claim? These swatches would not wash off until I broke out the heavy duty remover and lasted on my eyes the entire day.

Below is a look using Aqua Attack along my bottom lash line. Once I master a non-wonky upper lash line and tight lining (they're HARD!), I pinky-promise I'll try these on those trickier areas too.




The blue is definitely my favourite shade, it's super vivid and gives a playfulness to a regular look. I'd love to see this on someone with brown eyes for that gorgeous contrast. 




A close up

Here's Bombastic Bronze in action on the lower lash line again. I find it really shines in pulling together a casual weekend look - not as harsh as a black kohl, or attention seeking as the blue. 


I swear I don't have crazy chapped lips here - my Nivea Pearl n Shine does not like to be photographed!

These are very soft pencils, with a rounded tip rather than sharp point. I'd be very careful sharpening these, and would even throw them in the freezer to harden them up. I managed to snap the purple one's tip off just by pulling the plastic lid off at a slight angle, before I'd even swatched it.





There may have been tears.


And Adele. There's always Adele.

Australis 10 HR Wear Pencils have a RRP of A$9.95 and are widely available across Australia, including the time-suck vortex known as Priceline.

You Might Also Like

37 brilliant comments

  1. Wow that blue makes your eyes pop!!
    Shame about the purple snapping, but.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard these are super long lasting, as are the Australis lip pencils! Priceline is indeed a cruel mistress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed with their stamina, and am forever Priceline's bitch.

      Delete
  3. Wow they look amazing! I love, love, love the blue and may have to pick this one up as I have brown eyes ;)
    But oh :( the purple! Condolences love!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I second that you need the blue, especially with your darker hair too.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, let's not talk about Priceline. It's ridiculous how much time I spend in there. The shop assistants probably think I'm a creeper. I love the bronze one but the blue looks really striking on you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Priceline near me most likely thinks I'm a secret shopper or something, I'm always asking too many questions they can't answer.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Aw. I did the same the other day actually. I soon found out that I'd just asked an employee where an item was, on his first day. Tough break.

      Also, sometimes I'll listen in on what the Priceline girls are suggesting to their customers for this and that, and I so badly want to put in my two cents! Is that weird? I don't care!

      The aqua eyeliner looks beautiful on you by the way.

      Delete
    3. Sometimes when I'm looking at a stand and someone is looking at the same products, I'll give totally unsolicited advice. They normally bail asap as I have no tact, and am like "Oh no, you're way too much of a blue-based skin tone for that. Try this, it will really help those red patches on your cheeks. And this for that dryness!"

      I share because I care, honest.

      Delete
  5. Love the purple! Your make up looks so flawless and you have incredible skin, so jel.
    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bronze looks amazing on you! I have been wearing it all week, and just bought the grape shade today at Target for 50% off! Such creamy pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have brown eyes and I love this pencil! Check out my look with it on my blog :) http://my-cup-of-tequila.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/review-australis-10hr-wear-eye-pencil.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I have heard about this product! I really love that bronze color on your eyes. Your eyes are gorgeous! Is that a streak of green on your right eye? So jealous... I have the typical dark brown eyes...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're maybe a few months old, so look out for them. I have partial heterochromia, which means a portion of my eyes is discoloured. It can be caused by many different things, and mine is because I have a very low level of melanin.

      Delete
  9. The blue looks amazing on you!
    Need the bronze, I think. Need it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do need it now. All obey the great Priceline.

      Delete
  10. I luff these. Best quality for a tiny price, but mine broke too. I took it back and got a new one. I wear the Aqua Attack on my upper lash line with green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm a little scared to take things back to my local Priceline, seeing I spend so much time there complaining about the messy displays. The aqua paired with green eyes sounds like a gorgeous combo!

      Delete
  11. Oh god, Priceline... I need to stop going there, I went on 7 Priceline trips last week, because I am mildly insane. Why did you have to show me these Michaela, whyyyyy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm mean, that's why! But also kind, as I know you will go buy them and love them, and you will thank me for making your life better.

      #logic

      Delete
  12. You are a very, very pretty lady. You are trying to make me fall in love with you with your Pokemon gifs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon I will win you over! Wait until you see my Jigglypuff!

      Delete
  13. Totally sold on these. Great review. You know, I went off Australis, but you keep writing such nice things, I'll give them another shot. The blue looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australis rebooted its range last year with pretty decent results. I'm finding myself picking up and loving their products way more than I used to.

      Delete
  14. I love these eyeliners! I picked up all three a few weeks ago but it was only after reading this that I finally wore the blue! I loved wearing it on my lower lash line, but it was so hard to remove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really tricky to take off, but I think it's worth it if they don't smudge all over my lids!

      Delete
  15. The blue makes your eyes look absolutely stunning! I love the bronze, I normally use a brown eyeliner anyway instead of black so this would be perfect for me! Such a good post, thankyou. Keep in touch, Bec xx

    http://rebeccape93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bronze is such a good stand-in for brown. A bit more fancy too :)

      Delete
  16. i need that blue one in my life RIGHT NOW! I would have not even considered these eye liners if it wasn't for this post since i always tend to have bad experiences with them (eg they dont apply a nice bright colour) but these looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do! These apply really smoothly without pulling which I think is so crucial for a pro application. They've performed better than a few luxe brand eyeliners I've used too.

      Delete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.