Jane Iredale Lip Fixation in Passion - review and swatch

11:03 AM

To be honest, I've never tried a Jane Iredale product before. Never tried one, never even thought about it based purely on packaging. The matte-ish gold, the light plastic, the curly script - it's somehow all a bit too grandma for my tastes. Seeing my tastes include talking back to the tv watching Q&A with a nice cup of tea, and cutting out magazine pages for my recipes folder says how naff I thought this brand was. 

But somehow, fate intervened and Jane Iredale's Lip Fixation in Passion ended up in my apartment somehow (maybe through a swap, I honestly can't remember) and I gave it a try for the sake of through investigative journalism. And to pass time while the kettle boiled.



A two-ended affair, one side had a 'stain', although I'd consider it more a thin liquid lipstick; the other, a clear gooey gloss. Photo above shows he product post-application, as the cursed clear gloss brush was pointy and unyielding, managing to swipe off half the stain with it.

Stain with gloss on top

Check it. The stain sunk into my lip's lines, and then the gloss made it more noticeable. I really prefer using this without the gloss, as it produces a far more uniform colour that actually stains. The gloss formula was really problematic and seemed to eat away at the red layer beneath. Actually, by this point, it's no longer a red and more like a deep pink. I'm being picky, but I like my lip products to look a similar shade on my lips as they do in the tube.

Overall it's an okay product, but only if you use the two ends separately as they can't seem to co-exist happily. It's a resounding meh from me, and while I've chucked it in my gloss stash, I doubt its a product I'll be reaching for regularly.

Jane Iredale Lip Fixation has a RRP of A$56 and is a vegan, glutan-free product.

You Might Also Like

17 brilliant comments

  1. $56?! Sheesh... I wouldn't bother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't either! So many other goodies that $56 could get you!

      Delete
  2. $56?! Wow. I think the colour is really pretty on you though! But it does seem to emphasize the lines of your lips, except it's not too noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a pretty colour, shame it's an unflattering formula.

      Delete
  3. For $56 I'd have to question whether it would be worth it.. That is, if you were to buy it (which you didn't - or may not have) :)

    Lovely colour, but the tube could be better made - aesthetically wise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I would have paid $56 for a lip gloss! I think I got this in a free-for-all swap a few months ago.

      Delete
  4. Wow the lip gloss end doesn't look good at all! I heard the YSL glossy stains are fantastic and maybe more worth the steep price :)

    p.s. I nominated you for the Liebster award! http://my-cup-of-tequila.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The YSL gloss stains are def my pick if we're heading into the over $50 price point! Luxe packaging too.

      Delete
  5. good review!

    p.s. I'm having a Shop Jeen ring giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantatic! The only thing that creeps me out is the clear gloss. No matter how hard I try with things like this, the coloured gloss always gets into the clear and looks DISGUSTING!!! :( It's a pet hate of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hate that too! Dual ended glosses don't really do it for me either.

      Delete
  7. Join our newest website about all Paleo Recipes. Cheap Easy Meals

    ReplyDelete
  8. ϒou had me from the first paraǥraph and I thoroughly
    enjoyed it from the beginning tօ the cօnclusіon.
    An ambitious blogger like myself might genuinely appreсiate any advice you have in helping to engage the reader lіke yoou did with this specific write up.

    Tɦank you!

    Also visit my blog; e liquid for e cigarettes

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.