Lancome Le French Touch Absolu Nu Lipstick in Cotton Candy - review and swatch

7:50 AM

How sweet is this striped tube of lolly-inspired joy?! It makes my teeth ache just looking at it.



Lancome's Le French Touch Lipstick employs several of my favourite tactics - pretty packaging, prettier pink insides and le word 'le' used in le name. Le yay!


It applies sheer, but can be built up to amp up the pink. The above swatch shows a single stroke, then a few layers beneath. It's not a long lasting lip colour and you will have to reapply. The tube is cute, but it's smaller than your average lippy at a weeny 3 grams but for the same price which leaves a sour taste in my mouth.


Normally cotton candy gets me all worked up like this...

Oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes
...and while a lipstick is no substitution for a real sugar-high, it does incite a similar reaction. Le yay!

OMFG lipstick!!
I picked mine up for a song (I'll Come To You by Hanson, to be precise) at a work beauty sale, so can't honestly say I would pay the A$49 for it as it's a sheer shade and for some reason I feel like it's a better deal if I'm buying a more highly pigmented lippie that stays put on my pout for the same price.

You Might Also Like

27 brilliant comments

  1. LOVE the colour!

    Sam x

    Now I'm craving Strawberry Hubba Bubba! I blame you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygosh I'd forgotten about Hubba Bubba! Reckon they sell it at Woolies? So slipping some in the shopping trolley tonight when the Boyfriend isn't looking. Shhhh.

      Delete
  2. This is the sweetest colour. I love it, but I know it would absolutely horrible on me :p It's gorgeous on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those pinks destined for the whitest of skins, it's so pastel and maybe a bit icy. Saves you $49 I guess!

      Delete
  3. ....did you just say $49?!? Even for Australian Dollar, that's a lot for a lipstick! O.O Or maybe I just know the cheapy ones, ah I don't like lipsticks anyway. As far as I can tell from the picture the color suits you really well! A pity it's not lasting very long :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep 49 big ones! That's 49 Mars Bars (when they're on sale) or umm, just over 10 pork and fennel sausage rolls from Bourke St Bakery!
      If you have the cash to burn, it is v cute!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour, probably too light for me though! :(
    LOVING the GIFs :)

    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is def a colour for the super-white amongst us. I think it would wash out anyone darker than a polar bear.

      Delete
  5. The color is really pretty but the price is scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially considering how little product you get :(

      Delete
  6. Love this review and I love your blog!

    Would you like to follow each other? :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! the lipstick looks very good! *-*
    i want to buy this <3

    love
    beauthi.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's 2 other shades that look v pretty too.

      Delete
  8. Oh my, this is such a pretty shade and it works perfect with your gorgeously fair skin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair is a nice way to put it. Sounds better than my pale-ass skin is ;)

      Delete
  9. Haha, I am loving your blog, the lipstick and your sense of humour! So great to find yet another wonderful aussie beauty blogger. I am definitely a new blogger!! xo Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I def think Aussie bloggers have got that little extra something something going on, will go check yours out.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful lip colors! Following! :)

    -♡ Valerie Angel

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lipstick is absolutely gorgeous! I need it in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.