Cedel Dry Conditioner - review

4:07 PM

So we're all tried dry shampoo by now, right? Right! And we know it's super nifty for when you want to get rid of sweaty, greasy roots and can't be fricked actually washing your hair post-work out/four day bender/coitus or during that first and last time you go camping, right? Right! 

But, sometimes my hair feels a little, well, crispy after using dry shampoo. Something to do with the unholy combination of oily hair, powder product and vigorous brushing leaves my locks a little dried out. Serum or a spray conditioner won't help de-parch this time, as they will just pack my ass on the bullet train back to Greasetown. Upon seeing my distress signal light up the sky of Sydney (like the bat signal, but comb-shaped), Cedel immediately created a dry conditioner for me, designed to be used in tandem with its laziness-promoting brethren. 

That's the sound of angel harps and shit you hear
It's a foamy mousse that you work through your hair after using dry shampoo. I used about two Lindt balls worth of product which I very loosely combed through with my fingers.




Foam for my dome
End result was hair that's less extra crispy hair, more Original Recipe, with soft and replenished lengths that have retained the oil controlling properties from the dry shampoo. Hair felt smoother with the nasty frizz not totally banished, but somewhat tamed.


It may look a little messy, but you better believe this is a good day for my un-heat styled mop
I got another two days work outta this before washing my hair, which is either pretty gross or extremely respectable. Def work a try if you're already a dry shampoo user, and especially if you have drier hair like me and need a hot moisture injection stat.

Cedel Dry Conditioner is A$9.99 and will be coming with me to the gym and on holiday, but never again camping because I've learnt my lesson there.

You Might Also Like

22 brilliant comments

  1. Love your style of writing, and this is definitely something that I need to try! Didn't even know that it existed!

    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm preeeeetty sure this is one of the first dry conditioners out there. It's a new grooming frontier, people.

      Delete
  2. Now that I'm looking at this product, I'm beginning to wonder why it's taken so long for something like this to come out. It just seems like a logical, hand-in-hand kind of thing.

    Do you find that the mousse leaves your hair wet afterwards? Like a styling mousse does? And does it have much of a scent?

    Also, your blush in those photos looks beautiful. What in the world is it?!

    I'll keep my eyes to the skies for the comb signal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes so much sense once you think about it, right?!
      No wetness, my hair kinda sucked it all in. Zero residue too! It smells like fresh hope, which is a very subtle baby powder/citrus scent that doesn't last very long at all.
      Because I'm a fancy lady, it's a Chanel blush, Pink Tweed.

      Keep your eyes to the skies - you'll never know when help may be at hand.

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA oh I love you haha. I definitely want to try this now!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me too, and yes you should try this out!

      Delete
  4. Looks very promising! Does it smell nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little powdery, a little lemon-y. It's very weak though, and I hardly noticed it.

      Delete
  5. I am impressed at your comb-shaped bat signal. (And also a little worried that your hair is Original Recipe. TELL ME THE 11 SECRET HERBS/SPICES.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a cheese-shaped signal for when I'm drinking wine alone at home and need Brieman, defender of all that is creamy on a cracker.

      All I can tell you about my secret herbs and spices is that one is that Pizza Shapes crunchy topping stuff.

      Delete
  6. I got this for free in the Priceline Hair Care bag! I was wondering what kind of consistency they had made it, and it looks very promising! I have terribly oily hair, and very long hair too, so I'm washing it like every second day (hate it) because of how dry the dry shampoo makes it.. MUST give this a go now :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you go! I was considering the PL hair bag, but then I realised I have literally boxes and boxes of hair stuff under my bed to get through first.

      Delete
  7. You know, I likey likey the packaging! Green, so fresh and forgiving. If avoiding the hour long commitment I have with the shower/blow dryer/hair straightener/vodka bottle to achieve my VERY average hair style for another day comes in a green bottle then I am in! Yay! More time to watch Madmen on dvd and avoid the gym! Sweet as!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dude, I feel your hair-pain. It takes like 2 hours to blow-dry my hair to something less moist and it still looks lame after that effort. Down with washing, up with DVD marathoning! Although Buffy is my current weapon of choice.

      Delete
  8. 1. Yay! You certainly weren't lying when you said upcoming hair posts! (I'm the one who tweeted excitedly at you last week at discovering my hair twin!)

    2. I had no idea what this dry conditioner was, so thank you for the thorough explanation :)

    2. My gosh I need this in my life, I have the exact same issues with dry shampoo - and sometimes do a conditioner only wash to prolong not washing instead, but that is almost as time consuming as washing ANYWAY, so I need this dry conditioner stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, dot-points! You've found the key to holding my short atte- HEY LOOK IT'S RAINING!

      1. Yay. I never ever lie. Honesty is my only policy. Also hi hair twin! May your mane be long and non-boofy.

      2. Double yay. It's a v new product, so I think a lot of people are in the same overcrowded boat.

      3. Yes. Yes you do. Buy everything I tell you to and shun the things I don't like. And soon, soon I will raise my army of Hair Twins, devoted as they are well-presented. Soooooon.

      Delete
    2. 1. Ahahaha. Blame the Taurus that I am for dot points to organise my thoughts. Blame or praise...?

      2. Army of hair twins FTW. And I seriously am noting down every hair product you blog about...is that weird?

      3. Random fact - my ex used to affectionately call me boof, usually first thing in the morning, before I'd finger combed and argan oiled (or the like) my hair into submission. Way harsh I say.

      Delete
  9. Lol "coitus". Very ladylike way of saying "rough midday shag"...

    I still haven't gotten the hang of dry shampoo... it totally weirds me out. And I would love to get the hang of it since I'm a daily washer at the moment. Some day! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything, I'm soooo ladylike too ;)
      Eek, daily washing would be impossible for me, as I have so much hair and it takes forever to dry. Please give dry shampoo another go, play around with different brands as a few like Tresemme didn't work for me at all but I eventually got the hang of it.

      Delete
  10. You look so amazing! PS: I know it's off topic but I'm on a massive saving for a house budget and I still want to buy lippie! Can't go cold turkey y'know.

    What are your thoughts on the budget vs designer brands.
    Is it worth paying for Nars over Revlon? Chanel over Australis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soz Megs, I saw this then forgot to write back. Bad blogger, bad!
      It all depends on the brand and formula. I personally love high-end brands like Nars and MAC for consistent results, but brands like Australis, Face of Australia and SAX do a good lippy. Revlon are a bit hit and miss for me, plus they are overpriced here in Australia, same for Maybelline. My advice is to try and buy the local drugstore brands instore, and shell out for the more exxy brands online and get more bang for your internationally bound buck.

      Delete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.