Tonymoly Intense Care Snail Hydro-gel Mask - review and screaming

10:05 AM

So, I got this awesome package from a girl called Si-Jeong sent to me all the way from Korea. Amongst the cosmetics (which I will post about soon), and the billion sheet masks, this one Tonymoly mask stood out to me as something a little different.








SNAIL MASK?!?! I was all "oh, maybe that's just a cutesy brand thing, I'm sure it's not actually made of real snail". So I popped it on and chilled out with a cup of tea and two five eleven Oreos, and flipped it over to the back to read the instructions (I have the worst habit of reading product how-tos only once I've used it the way I think it should be used).

And then I saw this.


"Contains astonishing filtered liquid of snail mucin"

"Extracted mucin element from snail"

"Snail Secretion filtrate"













SNAIL ON MY FACE!!!!




So gross, you guys. You betcha I washed that off quick smart, toned, serumed, moisturised and tried to forget about it forever.

But, just real quietly, my skin was so soft the next morning.

If you have no qualms about rubbing snail slime into your face, this mask is great for moisturising dry skin.

If like me, this was your reaction to reading this post- 



-then snail sheet masks may not be your thing.

The moral of this story is to ALWAYS read the instructions, labels and ingredients. And if a slimy product is named after a slimy creature, there is a high likelihood their worlds have crossed over in the manufacturing process.

Ew.


You Might Also Like

41 brilliant comments

  1. Hahaha, I'm sorry, but that was quite a funny read! Extra funny because I have quite a few of Tony Moly's snail products in my cupboard waiting to be used! (Yes, I do plan to use them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!! Did you know they had real snail in before you bought them?

      Delete
  2. I applaud you... because you are a much braver woman than me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it still count as brave if it was totally unintentional ;)

      Delete
  3. http://i52.tinypic.com/211mcxy.jpg <-- made me think of Ace Ventura.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha gross. Also that gif makes my neck ache just watching it.

      Delete
  4. All I could think was icky snail ohmigod eww gross but then I saw softened skin and was like, ok I'm down. I'm game to use one as a guinea pig if I should ever acquire one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but this post is HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun reading your column! So funny! I understand your reaction as that's what my first reaction was. But I was satisfied with the snail product and now using it everyday X) In Korea, snail products are really famous for renewing and recovering the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sending them to me! Koreans must be less squeamish than me then.

      Delete
  7. HAHAHAHA that is so funny. No matter what it does to my skin, I could not knowingly use a product that came from snails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't knowingly use it!...until I knew, that is.

      Delete
  8. I would totally use a snail mask, is that really wrong of me!? Love the Penny GIF, she is so funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually can't stand Big Bang Theory, but I love this gif. I just pretend it's from 8 Simple For Dating My Teenage Daughter :D

      Delete
  9. Haha I could have tell you about what's inside the snail package because the Korean girls in my dorm were like crazy about that stuff. But haha, that post was so funny, you are my personal meme queen from all the bloggers I read :'D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would rub cow dung on my face if I thought it would make me more prettyful. Snail secretions? Come at me bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwwww, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

      Delete
  12. Cannot wait to tell my brother as he is an Academic specializing in Snails.Was so funny had a great laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe he should try one of these masks?

      Delete
  13. ERMAHGERD ITS SNAIL ON YOUR FACE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahaha the ability to gather every pop cultural gif is a magical trait you have. this was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  15. At first this will be my reaction but like as you have said the next day. It had made your skin soft. So I guess I want to give it a try though and see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try not to think about all the mushed up snail bits in it

      Delete
  16. I was okay until I scrolled down to the picture of the nail...then I may have been a little bit Penny...blehhhhhhhhghhhhhrjghghghgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like blerggggggh when I was looking for snail images. Just no.

      Delete
  17. HA!!! Well, it certainly wouldn't be the weirdest or grossest skincare ingredient I'd ever heard of (placenta, anyone?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always see placenta cream and can't work out if it's human or not...

      Delete
  18. 10000 ppm is only 1%... 1% SNAIL JUICE. I wonder if hardcore Korean skincare buffs put garden snails on their faces at spas? Anyway, ew. No thank you. But funny enough I'd probably eat snail, just don't want its "secretion" on my face...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I innocently thought it was called a snail masque because it works slowly and needs to stay on your face for a long time. The ensuing horrified gifs translated my reaction perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's pretty much what I thought. Incorrect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've used both the TonyMoly Snail and Placenta masks and loved them both. The placenta mask is not human, it's sheep :) Made my skin super soft and glowy.

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.