ghd Air hairdryer - review

2:22 PM

I'm so useless when it comes to blowdrying my hair. I suspect I may be a little dim, because everyone else seems able to manage the whole 'switch on dryer, point at head' routine that constantly eludes me. Either my hand is too limp-wristed and wobbly, and the effort needed to hold a kilo of plastic upright defeats me (I blame my ham-shaped triceps) or I burn a fifty-cent piece sized hole into my scalp. You can almost hear Yakity Sax playing every time I pick up the dryer


My boy Benny knows those feels

Disasters aside, I normally get bored after standing in my bathroom for an entire frigging hour and go to sleep with wet hair.

UNTIL I STARTED USING THE BEST HAIRDRYER EVER, THAT IS!

And yes, the all-caps are necessary, you guise. This is srs bsnss, fo reals.








I've been using my ghd Air for about a month, and love love love it.



Not only is it light enough at 599g to hold for half an hour without getting dead-arm, I don't even have to use it for that long. Tthe full-blast, high heat setting and nozzle attachment (I used the larger of the two it comes with) combo gets my thick, underboob length hair mostly dry in about five minutes thanks to the salon strength AC motor and 2100 watts of hair slammin' power. That's a huge drop in dry-time which can be better spent sorting out my Adventure Time gifs folder.


Makin' pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes!


Extra lazy points for having a super long cord so I can walk it from my bathroom and flop on my bed while still getting the job done.



I also like the cold blast button, which is a pretty common feature in hairdryers nowadays to finish off a blowdry and seal open hair cuticles. What's noteworthy here is that the air emitted is actually icy cold, not just a shot of coolish to room temperature air. Not going to lie, I may have also used this function to dry off my fake tan before getting redressed to great success.

The Air leaves my frizz-prone, obnoxious as hell hair fairly smooth and shiny given my hair's reputation for being a boofy arsehole, which is a lot better than my previous dryer that just made it fluffy.

I think the ghd Air does an excellent job at drying my hair without compromising on its condition, and although it's pricey for a hairdryer, ghd has always made products that last the distance (my ghd straightener is entering its 10th year!!).

The ghd Air retails for A$199 or slightly less here ($174!).



Disclaimer: Products provided by brand. They have in no way influenced my review and opinions are my own. It is also my opinion that you take that bacon and put it in a pancake. This post contain affiliate links. See my Disclaimer for more sexy details.






 

EDITED TO ADD THE ACTUAL BEST THING EVER!!




 
YOU'RE WELCOME!





You Might Also Like

20 brilliant comments

  1. Love Benny, Love bacon in my pancakes! Love the hair dryer, want one! Loved reading your review, made me laugh :o)

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review made me laugh so much - I love it!

    Pro hairdryers dry hair so much quicker which helps you prevent dead arm, but don't worry - when training as a hairdresser they make you hold the hairdryer above your head for periods of time to build the muscles!

    P.S. I still HATE blowdrying my own hair, I would rather do someone else's anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking this was an expensive hairdryer too, but now you've got me thinking how long I've had my GHD straighteners......bought them in 2007 and they are still going strong! Might be a good value buy after all......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe it looks kind of like the Philips Lumea. Don't get those two mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. D: Good thing it's not white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've had 3 or 4 hairdryers in the time I've had my straightener, so it def works out well going by cost per use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think anyone would trust me to dry their hair. I have the tendency to get a little too...creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D glad you liked the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this hairdryer sounds exactly what i need! my hair gets so frizzy when i blow dry my hair :(
    also cant believe your straightener is in its 10th year, ghd sounds like itd be worth the money & investment!

    xx M & L


    http://twoplicates.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like I need one of these. LOL at bacon pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you're in the market for a new one, def consider.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never had a problem with ghd, they're certainly long-lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tape in hair extensionsJuly 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

    A heat clamp is then used to melt the adhesive to attach the extension
    hair to the natural hair. Fusion weave allows washing hair frequently
    and the use of regular hair products such as hair gels. Nonetheless this
    technique is very time consuming because it takes about 3 or more
    hours.They need repositioning every 2-3 months as the natural hair
    grows.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the perfect Big Four Oh My Gods birthday present idea EVAH!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hint hint to the Welshman?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The suggestion has been made, ever so gently. I forwarded him your post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I personally love my Karmin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karmin makes the best in my opinion

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.