Garnier Clean Detox Gentle Brightening Scrub - review

5:04 PM

Dammit, Priceline! As soon as I have way more stuff than I'll ever be able to use stockpiled under my bed/in the bathroom/in The Boyfriend's side of the wardrobe (please don't tell him!), you suck me back in with a sexy sale. This time it was 40% off all Garnier products, which c'mon, is me basically losing money if I don't buy a few things right? Right!

One of the products I nabbed is Garnier's Clean Detox Gentle Brightening Scrub. I normally steer clear of anything labelled as 'detox' or 'clean' because they tend to be too harsh on my drier skin. But at just under $4 after the 40% off, worth a try as exhoiliators are the one thing I'm running low on.

It's a physical cleanser, and feels cool on the skin as it lathers to a surprisingly thick foam. The micro-beads are spread thin - this is a daily scrub, not a weekly heavy duty effort. After rinsing my skin feels stripped and squeaky clean, a really bad sign. The next morning - BAM a few dry patches and a lone itchy pimple, sure sign that the cleanser sucked my skin dry. I'm also disappointed that it was a foaming scrub as it didn't suggest this anywhere on the tube and I always to to skip these due to their dehydrating properties

I'm not going to bother trying this on my face again, and have banished it to my boyfriend's side as a possible back scrub for him. Not worth it, even with 40% off.

So far I've only seen this in Priceline for A$6.95.

You Might Also Like

5 brilliant comments

  1. Did you say 40% off at Priceline?! Ha ha. I need to get over and check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's on for the next week too. I stocked up on body lotion too. Chop chop!

      Delete


  2. ارخص شركات نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    How to loaD a renteD truck like a pro
    What items shoulD Be loaDeD first? Your fully pACkeD anD properly laBeleD moving Boxes shoulD Be loaDeD first into the renteD truck. شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياضStACk them vertically anD go higher anD higher against the BACk of the moving vehicle. Make sure the heaviest Boxes stay at the Bottom anD the lighter anD more fragile ones go on the top. افضل شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
    Your large furniture pieces are next – lay a moving Blanket on the floor, loaD any mattresses or Box springs anD plACe them vertically By the Boxes anD secure them to the siDe wall. Also, get in the rest of your furniture piece By piece (Dressers, couches, sofas, etc.) anD strap them to the siDe walls as well. The usual Damage on the roaD occurs when heavy items ruB against eACh other, so Be sure to wrap the exposeD surfACes with moving Blankets, BuBBle wrap or olD pieces of clothing for extra protection of your valuaBle possessions. شركة نقل عفش بينبع

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.