Pink hair roots!

5:58 PM

Here's a quickie for you tonight! I wasn't planning on posting about this, but I was looking through some photos from a month or so ago and thought the hairstyle I wore was too fun not to share.

I had a dinner event to go to and was having an "urgh, my hair sucks, and I hate it and everything it stands for" moment, but didn't want to wear a boring plain bun. Instead I took my boring plain bun, and dusted down it a smattering of pink. Think of it as a reverse dip-dye!






Total shocker that I used one of my beloved Kevin Murphy Color Bugs, right? These little tubs of joy have really given me a lot of use, and I haven't even hit pan yet.

By the way, these photos weren't meant to be so melancholy! Totally taken to check how it looked on rather than to document, but then again, here we are. If I try the style again, I'll most definitely take a few more better-lit, less sooky looking shots.

Bonus photo time! I just found another pic, apparently taken after returning late at night to my boudoir, and minus eye make-up. Yep, someone drank all the red wine at her table...


I am totes seducing you here, look at all the seduction


You Might Also Like

21 brilliant comments

  1. AAAAAH, You look adorable. I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo looks like you got a short Twiggy-style haircut! The pink looks so pretty on your luverly blonde hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gawd, I love the idea of a Twiggy cut, but my hair is too boofy for it. Faux-pixe it is then!

      Delete
  3. I love all the ways you use your colourbugs and I'm endlessly jealous because my hair is waay too dark to show up the colour like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm using the Colorbugs or if they're using me...

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love it! *totes seducing me* LOL XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving it! Wish I could color my hair as easily.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a curse, and a blessing - swimming in a pool leaves my hair green!

      Delete
  6. Not everyone could pull that look off, but you rock it hardcore! You can seduce me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola hair twin! I concur - you're def rocking the colour bug! I'm also tempted to try this stuff out for myself for a Halloween party - how hard is it to wash out of your hair though? Mine's pretty light like yours - and pretty dry and porous too - I'm just worried about it not washing out in time for work! Wouldn't be a maaaaassive deal as it's not super corporate here - but not ideal to be a-rocking pink hair either. My luck would have me booked in for a meeting with the GM the Monday after Halloween partay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It washed out pretty easily for me - actually was a lot easier to get out of the roots than my dry ends. Just one wash with a clarifying shampoo.

      Delete
  8. You and your unicorn blondness with bonus pink are very seductive ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.