Australia Day green n' gold eyes

7:49 AM



G'day to every Bazza, Dazza and Sheila out there who is enjoying a patriotic sickie today. I worked today, but still feeling relaxed, especially with the real weekend popping up in about three hours.

Even though I had a lazy Australia Day at home (movie, cider and a can of condensed milk), I still made up a green and gold themed lid for my own amusement and the deep seated horror of the 9pm Woolworth's patrons (did I mention I only did one eye?).

It was a great excuse to use some shades from an ancient Chi Chi gift with purchase palette and a pretty pale green shimmer single from Estee Lauder.

The Chi Chi shadows are a cheap and cheerful, quite pigmented, but with zero staying power. You can see it's already started to crease in the photos.

I smoothed the EL all over my lid, up to the brow, then used the green in the right side palette over the lid. I then wet a brush and lined my top lash line with the dark forest green in the left hand side palette, flicking out slightly on the outer corner. I lined my undereye and inner cormer with the gold in the same palette, and also traced over my brow in gold because why the frick not?

I finished off with two coats of Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara. My lashes are stumpy little insect legs because sadly I couldn't curl my lashes prior as my curlers have gone walkies and I still haven't found them.

Bonus update - the ricotta hotcakes with green n' gold sauce (kiwi, ginger, mint and passionfruit) I made for brekky!

Hope you had a most excellent day Oz Day!

You Might Also Like

5 brilliant comments

  1. pretty... love the green look, especially since it's so gray and cold outside today in Toronto :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I lived in Calgary a few years ago, so I know how chilly it gets up north. If it makes you feel better, Sydney is muggy and raining, terrible summer weather!

      Delete
  2. Where final touch company owns a company cleaning councils Abha modern suction devices to extract dust and dust from the furniture, professionally without damaging the furniture, while maintaining the quality of work, and the completion of work as soon as possible.
    شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالطائف
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.