Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator - product review

2:07 PM

Shiny, pretty shiny-ness.

They say: This intensive, yet gentle oil-free serum features powerful technologies to address the look of every key sign of uneven skintone:
Triple-Optic Technology provides skin with a brighter, more luminous look from the very first application. CorrectTone Technology visibly reduces uneven skintone in 2 weeks, while anti-oxidants help prevent its re-appearance. 

One of my favourite things about beauty products is the pretty, pretty packaging. Este Lauder isn’t known for having the most excitement designs, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the glossy, metallic baby blue this lotion was housed in. It looks gorgeous on my bathroom shelf, in a sea of predominately white, matte and glass containers. The ‘oooh shiny!’ effect also wins major points.


Focusing on the actual content, the lotion (way too thin to be a serum, cream, or even a crème, if you want to get all fancy about it) is a very pale white-gold, with a beautiful shimmer to it. It reminds me of a watery highlighting fluid. Aside from the shimmeryness (oooh shiny!), I also notice a sweet orange scent, more of a earl grey bergamot than navel orange. It’s a little unexpected, but welcome, especially as it disappears after absorption. 

My boyfriend made a rather rude comment after seeing this photo.
I shall not repeat it here as I am a lady-like lady. Besides, I don't want to be set off giggling again.





Rubbing it in is almost too easy, my skin just laps it up, leaving just a hint of shimmer behind. It reminds me of a silicon-based primer in that my skin feels smooth and prepped for a hearty layer of foundation or powder, although you could easy wear this alone on weekends (with sunscreen!) for a hint of a glow.

Poor shot, I know. It was tricky capturing the glow, but trust me, it's there.

While the packaging suggests AM use, the PR rep told me she thinks (quite hesitantly, she was v v new to her job and not confident) it can be used evening too. It’s no way near emollient enough for my thirsty skin though, so I think I will stick to slathering my fave REN serum before bedtime instead.

I’ll be using this as my regular morning serum from now on, slapping on a light day lotion with SPF on top to up my moisture levels.



On a semi-related note, the dessert at this product launch, held at Guillaume at Bennelong overlooking Sydney Harbour, was ah-MAZING. I’m drooling all over my keyboard just thinking about it. And yes, I’m one of those people who take photos of their meals (and upload them to Facebook). I’ve also been known to stare at other people’s desserts until they break and give me a mouthful. All’s fair in love and chocolate!

Admit it,you tried to lick your screen. Ain't no shame in that.


You Might Also Like

9 brilliant comments

  1. LOVE THIS STUFF. I'm hit and miss with EL - I do like most of their products but they are so overpriced. However, I'd happily whack out the full amount of cash for this beauty again. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using for a few months now, and can't imagine being without it! It's that good. I already know I'm going to re-purchase after seeing my skin tone smooth out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quester is a Pakistan-based questioning answering website where people can ask questions and we try our best to provide them with the best answers. Anyone can ask any legit question in English or Roman Urdu and we provide answers in the same language format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are coming to live in a new place and want to transfer your purposes safely and safely, you only have to contact us in our companافضل شركة نقل اثاث

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.