Covergirl + Olay Pressed Powder - review and swatches

2:24 PM

So apparently pressed powder is something you guys have been all been using to set your make-up and foundation. I had absolutely no idea until I started blogging  Call it dry skin privilege, I guess.

Even armed with that knowledge, I still skipped the setting step, figuring it wouldn't make too much of a difference, and never bothered to check out any of the pressed or loose powders on the market.



However, when Covergirl + Olay released their new pressed powder, I just had to take it for a test run. The idea of a moisturising powder combined with the aesthetics of powdering my nose - 



- was super tempting. The brand claims that the powder will smooth imperfections and brighten skin tone.







The packaging is very sleek and feels quite tough and able to withstand any punishment your handbag's contents can throw at it. There's a full mirror in the lid, and an included applicator (a face cushion?) to apply product with. I chose to use a large powder brush instead.



The Australian line comes in four shades - Fair/Light 320, Light 330, Light/Medium 340 and Medium 350 - all fairly light shades, so you're fresh out of luck if you have a skin tone darker than bisque.

Heavily swatched - Light/Medium on the left, Fair/Light on the right


I've been using Fair/Light for the last month, and it's quickly become a necessary part of my make-up routine. This year, BB creams have pretty much replaced my foundations, and most of those have a hydrating formula with a dewy finish that needs to be set to last all day.

This powder formula claims to include a serum, but I can't find much information on what actually makes up the serum and if it's dedicated to moisturising or just for ease of application.


Here's me with Fair/Light blended over a Biotherm BB Cream (which was actually a shade too dark for me, if you'd note the staining around my hairline), giving me a finish that doesn't give me fuzzy peach skin, but that isn't too matte. Something that only became obvious to me when I was fixing my lippy in direct sunlight is that the powder does contain a very fine shimmer - nothing too glittery, but more of a light diffusing glow added in with the tint.

I don't get oily, so haven't had the need to touch up during the day, so can't comment on whether it works well as a on-the-go mattefier. Overall, it's a great powder for those with drier or mature skin, and doesn't leave that super obvious and ageing powdery look.

Bonus use - on those leggings-as-pants, huge hoodie and sneakers weekend days, this has been a perfect touch of camouflage for when I go pick up some Thai takeaway, giving a teeny amount of coverage so that I can feel human.

Covergirl + Olay Pressed Powder has a RRP of A$16.95.




Disclaimer: Product sent by brand for consideration. They have in no way influenced my review and opinions are my own. It is also my opinion that the Thai takeaway place totally judges me for my outfit choices. This post contain affiliate links. See my Disclaimer for more sexy details.

You Might Also Like

8 brilliant comments

  1. I want to give that a go next, especially for under my eyes. Australia really needs to be given more colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS! Ugh. But the powder sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But have you TRIED Uniqlo legging? BF is a strident anti-leggingist and he just assumes mine are black pants. I'M WEARING THEM IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where I can get or buy in dubai

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.