How Much Is My Face Worth?

8:37 AM

I can't believe I've been blogging for a year and haven't gotten myself some tagged post action! My lovely friend The Moroccan Shopaholic has summoned me for the How Much Is My Face Worth? tag that's been going around, and how could I say no to this face?


You just can't. That's science.

So let's assume the brace position and look at exactly what I slap on my face on an average workday.









I've calculated close to what I paid for each of these, so if I bought something in the US or overseas for less than I'd pay here, it's been converted into Australian dollars and underlined to show it's not the regular RRP here. Bloody typical. I've also linked previously reviewed products.



Starting with my base, I've been using Mary Kay Timewise Primer (A$30), which doesn't seem to be available anymore. It's okay, nothing spectacular and I wouldn't repurchase even if I could! 

Next is my BB cream, The Odbo Protection BB Cream (A$52), which gives moderate coverage, with a dewy finish. I'm having a bit of a fling with BB creams since discovering that every single one seems to come in my shade. Finally being pale is working out for me!

Benefit Erase Paste (A$25) is patted on under my eyes, and I smooth on Urban Decay Potion Primer in Eden (A$12) on my lids.



Are we counting brushes too? Let's count brushes! Ecotools Bamboo Eyeshadow Brush ($3.50) is used to apply my shadows from this discontinued Tokidoki palette (A$5). I've also used a champagne coloured Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Sin (A$20 for a pack of 5 mini pencils) to brighten my eye's inner corners, before layering on two coats of Australis' Multi Mega Lash Mascara (A$12.95). My favourite healthy glow blush is next, blending in shu uemura's Creamy Dome Blusher in Fairy Pink (A$48) directly on to the apples of my cheeks using my fingers. Lush Feeling Younger Illuminator (A$19.95) is next, lightly applied over my cheekbones. I'm trying really hard to use this one up as the use-by date is looming.


Okay, now for lips. Normally I just do a lipstick or a gloss, not both, but when I put on Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain in Charm (A$17.95), I thought it looked bit too pale, and added a coat of Stila Lip Glaze in Spice (trio for A$12).

I've finished my face with a spritz of Uriage Thermal Water Spray (A$10.95 *PR provided*), and although I'm not including perfume in my final tally because it (normally) doesn't go on my face, I wore the spicy boozed-up scent that is Idole de Lubin (A$160). Like a leathery old rum fruitcake poured over with rum and served flambé. Then doused with more rum. I smell like rum.


I only took one photo of my face, and I'm regretting that a whole lot now thanks to the crazy eyes and awkward pushed-back fringe, so let's just focus on the face.

Final tally  = $256.35!



Gawd, that's more than I expected, seeing that most these products are available from Priceline, and that I paid US retail prices for the normally pricier items.
I'm a little scared to do my special night out face, because that's when I bring out the higher priced goodies, so maybe I'll do that one a bit later. 

How does your daily face measure up to mine? 



You Might Also Like

9 brilliant comments

  1. Hi babby you so pretty!
    Thanks for using that very um "special" photo of me <3 we wouldn't want your readers to think I'm some sort of normal person, now would we. And I didn't count brushes in mine, because I thought the tally was horrifying enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like fun - I'm going to have to give it a go. Scary though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! That's a lot and you really wouldn't realize it until you do this! I think mine would be scarily low which would make me worried opposed to relieved...now I'm scared to do my tally! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to do your tally now! If I'd done this 2 years ago, it would have been so much lower - just blush, mascara and lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweet me the link when you do, I need to compare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh babby, I think my readers are well acquainted with 'special' bloggers if they're reading LRR ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These posts are so scary! Mine was about the same as yours for my cheapest face! Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would be terrified to work out how much it would cost!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dear! i think I could do a cheaper face, for sure, but I'd look like shit.

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.