Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Dragon Liu Holiday 2012 - review

4:53 AM

Sorry for the total lack of posts recently, I've been busy watching this over and over working. At work. Busy work things. Oh, yes, and snuggling with my new favourite product! I'm not even going to try and be balanced here. I'm going to be all fangirling and lovey dovey about my lovely shiny toy - Guerlain Meteorites!

I'm pretty sure absolutely every other beauty blogger ever already uses this religiously, and for good reason too - they're so damn luxurious!

There's a few permanent shades of Meteorites, however I picked up the limited edition Perles du Dragon from their Holiday 2012 'Liu' collection.
ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL!
HI THERE, HOT STUFF!

Oh, and the boring packaging

The collection is named after Liu, Guerlain's 1929 perfume, which in turn was inspired by Liu, the heroine of Pucci's Turandot, his famous opera about illicit love and the death that follows.
This LE finishing powder was named for the Year of The Dragon, and comes in this gorgeous glossy case


There's six shades of the pearls, white, gold, plum, rosewood, beige and pale pink, which work together to create a balanced, slightly shimmery finish. There's just about zero colour pay off, but that's okay, I'm all about the pretty glow it gives, and the drama of swirling in my large powder brush and applying.

They also smell gorgeous! Like that one lady you know who's always really put together, like she never gets stocking runs or cracks a tooth eating toffee, and has perfected getting out a car in heels without doing that awkward leg splay thing. Actually, this is what Kate Middleton must smell like. All violets, heliotrope and powder. That bitch.



I also maaaaaybe got the Perfumed Shimmer Powder, but if The Boyfriend asks, then I've always had it, it was just in the cupboard. Or under the bed. I can't believe he's never seen it before, I've had this old thing like, forever.

They are priced out of my normal budget for finishing products, but I was fortunate/fast enough to pick these up el cheap at a work sale. Otherwise prepare to hand over A$115 for the Perles du Dragon and A$133 for the Powder. Ouch! Or coughUS$58cough.


This also seems like a pretty convienent time to point out that I've been writing for Cosmopolitan Australia's Cosmo Collective, and this week's post covers my favourite illuminators for summer, including my Perles. Head over here to check that out (plus a very typically Michaela headline).


You Might Also Like

5 brilliant comments

  1. Absolutely stunning products, but the price tag is a tad painful!
    I may look offshore ;)


    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha glow job, goddamnit. Also this looks really pretty :)
    x
    http://mishellesleepytime.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;) it's so so pretty. Hard to explain exactly what it does, but it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha Michaela, you just beat yourself with that headline! XD Very catchy and women def. wanna read that. Have to say I'm a bit envious about your Perles du Dragon, after your description I want these even more, gnagnagna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure you need these ;) I can't ever resist a sex reference, especially when writing for Cosmo!

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.