Qsilica Paw Paw Rescue Ointment - review

8:16 AM

ERMAHGERD YOU GUISE! Apologies for a drought in posts the last few days, work was cray-cray, I was on and off planes, and with zero available daylight hours to take product photos. Like, sometimes having a job is hard!



Anyhoo, here's one product I've had stashed in my purse the last week, Qsilica Paw Paw Rescue Ointment. It's a bit different when compared to other paw paw ointments, in that the fermented fruit is combined with colloidal silica. According to Wikipedia "colloidal silicas are suspensions of fine amorphous, nonporous, and typically spherical silica particles in a liquid phase." Okay then! Other ingredients include sweet almond oil (first ingredient listed and the base of the ointment), sunflower seed oil, white beeswax, castor oil, jojoba oil, macadamia seed oil, shea butter, grapefruit seed extract, oil oil, calendula and glycerin. That's a whole heaping serve of oils! It's also petrochemical free to better aid moisture absorption. 


The Rescue Ointment is recommended for use in conditioning dry skin and moisturising dry lips, but I've been using it on my raggedy-arse cuticles too.


For me the main differences between Qsilica and something like Lucas Paw Paw is the scent and the texture. It's a thinner formula, which did separate in the tube occasionally and leaves more of a gloss on the lips. The scent is a lot more medicinal and maybe slightly vinegary, which is a plus for me because I think paw paw balms generally smell like cat vomit anyway. At any rate, the scent subsides after application.

You only need a teeny bit as it's so thin and light, and if used exclusively on my lips, the 25ml tube would last me forever. It does a decent job moisturising, especially in a plane cabin, where I manage to avoid the normal chapped lips I get after napping on a plane.

I think if you normally use a paw paw ointment on your lips, you'd easily enjoy this version too, especially for day time use or over a lip colour.

Qsilica Paw Paw Rescue Ointment retails for A$8.95.


Disclaimer: This products were sent to me by Planet Health. They have in no way influenced my review and opinions are my own. It is also my opinion that cat vomit is the second worse smell ever, after orange blossom. See my Disclaimer for more sexy details.



You Might Also Like

8 brilliant comments

  1. Nice price! Where can we get it from?? Silica is great for strengthening hair skin and nails but I haven't seen in a topical form before.

    http://www.boughtbybirdette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it as a cuticle treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks really interesting! I haven't seen it around before, and where would they stock this pawpaw ointment? Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to find in Australia, here's a long list of stockists http://au.planethealth.com.au/Find-a-Store/Qsilica-Skin-Care-Stockists.aspx
    Most Terry White chemists seem to carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked well to moisturise ragged cuticles and to soften already damaged skin. For long term control, I would recommend a dedicated cuticle oil because they work better for preventing any issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you mention that, as they also do a silica supplement tablet for hair and nail strength!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always spent my half an hour to read this web
    site's articles or reviews every day along with a mug of coffee.



    Here is my web blog; Nike Free Run 3 Womens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the Information, If you face any kind of problem in SBCGlobal Mail you can contact the SBCGlobal password recovery team and here our best technicians will provide you the best guidance within a few minutes. SBCGlobal Password Reset team provides 24*7 so the user can contact the SBCGlobal Password Recovery team anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.