Skin Saviours | My Top Products For Winter Skincare

3:06 PM

I'm so ready for this winter to pack in it. Chilly fingertips, a sore arm from clutching my jacket close, and dry, wind-burnt skin are not my idea of a good time, yet this freezing winter continues. Okay, fine, 25c isn't exactly cold, but now I'm well and truly used to Gulf weather, it feels like basically sub-zero. Mostly.

Here's the hero products I've been dipping into the last few months, to protect, moisturise and heal.


Winter skin saver




1. Sukin Wellbeing Body Oil (AED55 // A$19.95)*
Scented with tangerine and mandarin essential oils, this stuff smells like straight-up sunshine in a bottle. I've been applying this straight to my skin post-shower, while the skin is still damp, almost wet, to aid absorption. It's a very thin oil, so spreads well and sinks into skin almost immediately. I've also been using it as a cuticle oil to coax my nails back to life.

2. Angels on Bare Skin (AED113 // A$16.95)*
Marking my first foray into Lush's line of China clay based products, this squishy cleanser also includes ground almonds for a slightly grainy feel. While the instructions recommend working a pea-sized chunk into a paste with water before applying, I prefer working an amount over wet skin in a circular motion to up the product-to-skin contact.
The lavender scent is gentle wake up call to the senses, making it the perfect morning cleanser. Using it at night? Make sure to double-cleanse with make-up remover or an oil-based product, as AoBS is too gentle to tackle mascara.

3. La Mav Vit-C Advanced Nightly Repair Nectar (AED195 // A$69.95)*
While La Mav isn't a super well known brand, it really should be considering it ticks a good few of my passion points - La Mav is an Australian brand, certified organic, family owned and was founded by a switched on woman with a science background. This night serum leaves my skin incredibly soft and I swear it's evened out the ruddy tone my cheeks are prone to after a few weeks of use. Bonus - the glass dropper bottle looks gorgeous on my vanity.

4. Botani Olive Skin Serum (AED89 // $31.95)*
Originally reviewed by me here, this has been my go-to day moisturiser. Used under my daily sunscreen (always a necessity, even in winter!), this cold-pressed olive pip serum absorbs super speedily with zero greasiness, leaving a smooth base for the rest of my make-up routine. It keeps my skin hydrated during the day, even after exposure to chilly winds and office heating, keeping flaky skin and dryness at bay.

5. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque (AED130 // $46.53)
If you work with me, you already know that I'm a bit of a born-again believer in this sleep-in mask, mostly due to me stalking around the office the morning after application and making everyone touch my face ("Just stroke my cheek a bit. It's so smooth!"). I use it as a moisturiser replacement, applying in a thick layer and giving it fives minutes to dry before heading to bed. Overnight, something magical happens, with hyaluronic acid, desert plant extract and squalane (the same oil found in the Botani product above) leaving my skin plump and plush. Confession time - I may have fallen into big after a rather riotous Friday night, rubbed of my make-up with a wipe, then spread on a thick layer of this gooey goodness. Awoke with a throbbing head but glowing skin, so I'm scoring that as a win for me.

6. Nuxe Reve de Miel (AED65 // $22.68)
Considering that I own enough balms to soothe the lips of these world record participants, it takes a lot to be my #1. Nuxe's Reve de Miel earned its place with its creamy texture, honey scent, lovely packaging and unbeatable moisturising properties. I mostly use it at night, as it is quite thick and it does such a fab job that I rarely feel the need to reapply during the day.



What do you think of my list? Are there any winter must-haves that I should try?




Disclaimer: Products with a * sent by brand for consideration. They have in no way influenced my review and opinions are my own. It is also my opinion that work should be cancelled on the coldest days so I don't have to stop being a toasty cinnamon roll in bed. This post contain some affiliate links. See my Disclaimer for more sexy details.


You Might Also Like

19 brilliant comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE the sukin wellness oil too. Smells delicious and is so hydrating...

    Join the Little Alchemist giveaway on my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/the-little-alchemist-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that La Mav serum too, and I do the same thing with Angels on Bare Skin (I stick a wad between two fingers like I'm trying to shoplift a tic tac and smoosh it on my face).



    See? There *are* products out there that we can fight over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuxe reve de miel is one of my favourite products! Congrats on your nomination!


    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, we're La Mav liking twinsies!

    You seem way too experienced in this tic tac shoplifting business *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks. Great balm, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine @ Not Quite NigellaJuly 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

    I haven't used Nuxe reve de miel in ages! I usually use Laura Mercier Lip Silk, especially when traveling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the Laura Mercier one is on my to-try list. May nab it next time I've in the US, along with some of their dessert-scented body products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome products. I have used it before.
    http://www.karmamist.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy (Bubbles & Blush)August 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM

    Why yes, I DO love gifs! Especially when they feature Summer Roberts. Sign me up - I think I'm a latherer now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has to have sewing understanding from it, additionally ,
    you will should be provided with a table to create your quilt.

    The cam is pushed and pulled by a device to create stitches.
    When shopping for a sewing machine, one thing to bear in mind
    is its main objective and what you're going to use it for.


    Check out my page - brother sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for accepting the comment. And help to publish my site.
    افضل شركات التنظيف بالرياض
    كافة أعمال النظافة العامة للمنازل تقدمها شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض من تنظيف للسراميك او البلاط ومجالس أرضية والموكيت والسجاد مع التعطير بافضل المواد التنظيف، باحدث الماكينات مع التنظيف نظافة الوجهات الزجاجية.
    شركة-تنظيف-موكيت-بالرياض
    شركة-تنظيف-كنب-بالرياض
    شركة-تنظيف-مساجد-بالرياض
    شركة-تنظيف-واجهات-بالرياض
    شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
    شركة رش دفان بالرياض
    خدمة نقل اثاث
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  12. Below are the 31 best websites to check out for free stuff, although not in any particular order:
    Craigslist. ...
    FreeStuff.com. ...
    Yerdle. ...
    FreeSamples.org. ...
    The Freecycle Network. ...
    Woman Freebies. ...
    Drugs.com. ...
    The ReUseIt Network.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wholesale websitesAt first, Boxed CEO Chieh Huang was reluctant to talk about his relationship with Costco, saying the company was not officially connected to the company, “But we have a great relationship and often meet to talk about what we're generally seeing in the market

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watch kshows Asian Dramas, Where to Watch Dramacool Eng Sub Free Online Videos, Dramacool9x Official Websitelink,

    korean drama

    ReplyDelete

Got a brain bubble? Pop it here.